We are inviting families to join us online to hold a special Arnolfini ‘making’ assembly hosted by Megan Clark-Bagnall.
Inspired by our exhibition ASSEMBLY by Angelica Mesiti, budding artists young and old can join Megan online at Make with Meg for a special live family making workshop, encouraging creative ways to connect – something that feels more important now than ever– we will still assemble!
Taking part in our assembly is simple:
Find Make with Meg on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFacgbvazdbFTrKJvr1fCsw/
- Gather your materials (see the list below) and a favourite snack.
- At 2pm gather your family for Megan’s live workshop including an introduction to a variety of different making activities including creating your own mini placards and rosettes.
- Spend as much of the next 45 minutes as you like making and creating as a family.
- Share images of your creations with our creative community either through a live chat or on twitter/instagram using the #makewithmeg and watch as Megan creates a shrine to your creations.
- At 3.30pm grab your snacks, pin on your rosettes, wave your placards, and join Megan for a closing assembly when we will celebrate all your creations, and encourage families to get on their feet and join Megan in a family Conga.
What materials will I need to ‘make with Meg’:
An internet Connection, cardboard, a stick (any shape or size), tape (sellotape, masking, washi – you choose), glue, scissors, pens or colouring crayons, a safety pin, any decorative items you have to hand (such as ribbon, coloured paper, glitter etc
Settle down and join us for the whole workshop or drop in and out as time allows, but don’t forget to come back at 3.30pm and assemble to celebrate your creations!
Arnolfini’s We Are Family events offer fun for all ages, but are particularly suitable for 3 – 11 year olds. As with all our We Are Family workshops parents are asked to accompany children for the duration of the online workshop, encouraging you to make and create as a family.